Just found this web site with a list of Poetry apps for ipads etc. I downloaded POETRY from the Poery Foundation works great…now which one next.
Something to eat,
a Milo to drink
and then a sleep.
Sometimes I really struggle reading poems how they should be read which in turn results in me not understanding where the poet is coming from. While sifteing I came across The Best New Zealand Poems Website. The Poems are from New Zealand writers and range from 2001 to 2011. Even better there is an audio section where you can choose to read or listen to the poems! I tried reading first and then listened to see if I was starting to get the gist of poetry reading.
I think my problem is I am always in a hurry!
Friday night I went to the Changing Thread 2012 National Contemporary Fibre Art Awards at the Refinery Gallery in Nelson. My piece ‘iPhone 3, 4, 4s’ was accepted into the exhibition and was hung along side some amazing pieces of art. NMIT featured well with 4 pieces from students and ex students and 1 piece from Coleen NMITs textiles technician! It was a great experience nd I looking forward to entering again next year
Check ou the winners here
Here’s a poem for my very first poetry assignment.
I need a budget
To reduce the stress.
It’s simply really
Just like a diet…but in reverse.
What goes in, must
Than what goes out.
This is my little family…just practicing uploading and posting!
- Who would have known it would take so long to choose a theme for my blog only to return to my first choice. Anyone else do this?
- Being new to blogging I find it slightly weird writing to someone I don't know. So here is a little about me.
- I am a Mum, and wife. My stupidly amazing family is Jeremy, Albie, Lillian and Malcom.
- I am in the process of finishing off the last two papers of a Bachelor of Arts and Media. My work for my graduate exhibition was an exploration of the causes and consequences of mass consumption and our fast paced consumer lifestyle.
- I have decided the throw myself out of my comfort zone this year and have enrolled in a Poetry class. As I am very much a visual, hands on, tactile person and not at all a writer this is proving very challenging but also enjoyable.
- Fingers crossed you enjoy my blog.